Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Little Things I'm Loving: January

How have you all been enjoying 2015 so far? Although January is without a doubt my least favourite month of the year, this one hasn't been so bad. I'm feeling refreshed, energized, and ready to take on the New Year (long may my positivity last ;).

Here are five little things that have been brightening the grey days of this past month...

Little Things I'm Loving: January
1. I didn't have any intention of buying a new pair of shoes when I wandered into Forever 21 last week...but somehow that's just what I ended up doing! These pointed ankle-strap flats (also available in nude) are pretty much my dream shoe. And they're super comfortable too! I find that most shoes I buy (even flats) require a torturous breaking-in period, but these happily did not.

2. I'd been on the look out for a new highlighter for a while, and NARS' Albatross highlighting blush is exactly what I was searching for: something that I can lightly dust on my cheekbones and nose to give a bit of a luminous glow without being garish.

3. I've always been fascinated by other countries and cultures, so this beautiful book by Lonely Planet -- which gives a one-page low-down on every country in the world, complete with stunning photography -- is right up my alley. 

4. I know there's no real need for a print planner, as anything worth noting, like appointments and the like, can be tapped into a phone in 2 seconds...but I'm a sucker for an aesthetically pleasing product, and Katie Daisy's 2015 Live Simply Planner -- filled with uplifting quotes and gorgeous illustrations -- makes planning ahead that much more fun for me. 

5. Have you guys heard of the app Trivia Crack?! Basically, you play against an opponent to answer a series of questions from six categories -- Art, Science, Sports, Entertainment, Geography (my favourite!), and History. Whoever correctly answers the questions from all categories first wins! It truly is addictive...

No comments:

Post a Comment